Forum for Members and Friends of The AEGIS Coalition

Need to get aquainted

Rakassan

Need to get aquainted

Post  Rakassan on Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:02 am

Ok if this coalition is going to work we need to start communicating with each other. I'm Rakassan the general of WRL hooya. I've been playing this game for about a year and a half and been in WRL about a year. I enjoy getting to know others and helping them with advice, resources and military if need be. I'm not an overly aggressive player but don't mind mixing it up now and then. I've no problem pillaging active players. Many of our current members were players I pillaged. If I'm asked to stop I usually do. Not looking to make enemies. So after the pillage I offer advice to help them not get pillaged again. So everyone lets open this up and make a coalition that works for us all not just some. My vision of a coalition is each member alliance has one member on the board. I'd recommend they be players other than the leader of the alliance possible the diplomat. Leader has plenty of other responsibilities. these members all have equal power regardless of size of coalition. When an issue arises they decide what actions the coalition will take. I've no problem with individual players or alliances acting out side the coalition. For example if Ajax of DFR is being attacked and his alliance is asking for assistance and I'm close enough to help I will. If the coalition takes a couple days to get together and set up and organized response that is fine and should be expected. But I believe we should be able to offer aid before the coalition takes a stand. Now if the coalition helps those plans should be honored by all alliances. This will not work if the board votes to assist and one or two alliances decide they don't like the decision and do not offer aid. Even if the vote is not unanimous the aid must be.

this is just my opinion and I'm always open for discussion. so lets start discussing. Good luck and good gaming to ALL. Hooya Razz
    Union

Re: Need to get aquainted

Post  Union on Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:07 am

well im union i am stubborn and have friends not everyone agrees with me having i want this coalition to prove its worth not only in the boards but on the field of battle as well i want every alliance to have they best tactics in both diplomacy and war

Post  Guest on Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:34 am

ytene leader of the UNA what u stated rak is what we aimed for in the first coalition at that time the UNA was the lbc then lbcal at those times i pushed for one vote per alliance and it somewhat worked the lbc was small and would go from ranks 99 and 101 dsi i believe supported that and i believe that each alliance has the same pull no matter the size.
    right now im dealing with players leaving and taking all my larger players b/c the player is being a wine bag and didnt like some dissensions that i made in ACTS. 99.99% of the time he was in acts he was for the things the UNA put forward but i guess that .01% was enough that he didnt feel he was welcome any way i like what u stated dark i believe is working on writting up the new treaty but i believe were close enought to know what each alliance is looking for i am also in support of your statement about if you dont want to send aid but the coalition votes yes that u do

Rakassan

Post  Rakassan on Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:58 pm

thanks Yente appreciate your support and vision. I'm a big supporter of the coalition idea and look forward to working with you.
    HorsecrazyJr

Post  HorsecrazyJr on Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:07 pm

Hello guys.

I'm HorsecrazyJr but no one calls me that. That's a mouthful to say.. or rather.. a handful to type lol. I am called by many different names and you would be surprised at the various names people call me, but that's beside the point. You can call me whatever you want.

I am the assistant diplomat of ATA. That generally means that I take care of internal affairs that go on in the alliance. The main diplomat takes care of external affairs. If you are not sure which situations that each diplomat handles.. feel free to message me here or PM me ingame.

Speaking of communication, I'm on the chatboard here quite often and I also have MSN so it's quite easy to get in touch with me when I'm online.

As to the coalition ideals that you hold, Rakassan, I more or less agree with most of what you say. A thing or two I will simply have to disagree with. I will say no more than that as I do not want to start an argument, simply put.

Well met, Rakassan. Well met.
    Dsi1357

Post  Dsi1357 on Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:43 am

We need to come up with a meeting time to put this into writing. And we did try the person other than the leader taking the vote to the coalition, it failed. ACTS Diplomats did not work, most of the time they showed up once and then never again and votes were skewed.

Rakassan

Post  Rakassan on Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:08 pm

Horsecrazy Jr. It is quite ok to disagree with me. I'm not the arguing type. I enjoy hearing oposing or different ideas. You may bring up a point I did not consider or have a better idea. For a coalition to exist we must be willing to hear each others ideas and be open minded. SO please don't worry about starting an argument. SO let the free flow of ideas begin. Good luck and good gaming. flower
    Draedis

Post  Draedis on Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:29 pm

Hello I am Draedis the diplomat of WRL. I have only had this job for a couple of months but it seems to be a good fit for me. I am not aggressive at all but will stand my ground and defend against an aggressor to the death. I like the idea of each alliance getting one vote. Dsi I understand what you are saying, sometimes it is hard to get to the meeting. What if each alliance gets one vote but the vote can come from 3 or 4 people on that alliances council. That way there is a better chance that someone will show up or all will show up which is even better. Just an idea.

Post  Guest on Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:47 am

in order tot track whos voting dsi we can request that when you vote you say that you did and is only 3 alliance said they voted and there4 votes the 4th vote dose not count

all they would have to do is post "voted"
    DarkAngel14

Post  DarkAngel14 on Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:47 am

Hi, i think most of you know me but i am DarkAngel14, Diplomat, Co-leader, and acting home sec of UNA. I am very passionate about what i do here, and even though i have strong convictions, i will always listen to each side and give everyone a fair chance.

I have grown very attached to this game, and to this coalition, and i have dedicated a lot of time and energy to its survival.

I think it is a good idea to have councils from each alliance so that it guarantees participation from each member of the coalition.

We also need to come up with a new name.

Post  Guest on Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:02 pm

hmm new name what do we want to say about us alliances respect acts i think mainly b/c of what was our numbers but i think they will respect us just the same .. alliances of alpha?
    Draedis

Post  Draedis on Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:15 pm

I worked on this for a while so please think about it before you just say, "nah don't like it".

The AEGIS Coalition

The Aegis of Alpha Alliances united through Defense Peace and Trade

ae-gis pronounced:(ee-jis)
    1.Classical Mythology. the shield or breastplate of Zeus or Athena, bearing at its center the head of the Gorgon.
    2.protection; support: under the imperial aegis.
    DarkAngel14

Post  DarkAngel14 on Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:52 am

oh i really like that

kudos drae, kudos to u!

skyhawk

Post  skyhawk on Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:32 am

Allied equally, generally in song? : )

(On the boards)

"Hi, we're the Aegis coalition, and we want you to respect our authoritah"

Joking aside, sounds suitable. Though honestly, it sounds more like an alliance tag than a coalition name.
    DarkAngel14

Post  DarkAngel14 on Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:42 am

well its the coalition tag ... sooo yah lol

the name he wrote in full

affraid
    King Galbatorix

Post  King Galbatorix on Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:57 pm

Well, Hello. I am King Galbatorix, home secretary of WRL.

A quick little bio, I joined Ikariam awhile back when Revan first leader of WRL started WRL. He asked me if I wanted to try out Ikariam, so I did and here I am.

Pillagewise, I usually only do it when I either need resources or to give my trade ships something to do, since there are no resources for them to transport (they happen more or less at the same time Rolling Eyes )

So Hello everyone, glad to meet you

WRLPeer de Beer

Hello all !

Post  WRLPeer de Beer on Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:14 pm

Hello !
    I am Peer de Beer, leader of WRL in Alpha World.
    18 months ago I got hooked on this game through Cyclops, who works in the same school as I do. Alpha had just started and so did I, and a couple on weeks later I joined WRL. I became leader of WRL when Cyclops left the game and handed leadership over to me. Shocked
    Since I became leader there have been some changes in the WRL council but we always managed to have competent people at all the positions. I am very proud to be part of that council and of WRL. Cool

As a player I am more of a builder then a pillager although I cannot resist an in-active target so to speak. And to be clear about it, if need arises i will not hesitate to defend my possesions and my alliance members. The same goes for a coalition partner. Twisted Evil

Greetings,
    Peer.

Rakassan

Post  Rakassan on Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:12 pm

this is a great start everybody, but I seems that only our individual alliance leaders and council members ie Leader, General, Diplomat, and Home Secretary are posting anything on this forum. We really need to get this to our members that they need to get on here and make an occasional post. there are a lot of awesome players with great ideas out there. there is a lot of great information and ideas here and we need them to merge. It is the responsibility of each of us to get our members in here. How about a challenge. I'll put up 20K in each resource and challenge the council of each member alliance to match that amount so a total of 100K per member by 4 is 400K in resources per alliance. To be given to the alliance that gets the most players to post and identify their alliance in the next say 30 days. Those resources could be split up between the top 2 say 3/2 and given out to their players. Any takers. Hooya. If it is a go we can set a start and end date.

Post  63917463 on Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:34 am

hello,im gabzkie24 former member of HETRE,FURY,and BLS..and now i am the new hired general of ATA..nice to be here.. lol!

ClaranceSH

Hello

Post  ClaranceSH on Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:56 am

Hello,
    I am ClaranceSH and I was invited to join as a foreign diplomat, I hope I signed up right. I am the diplomat for SDY. If the need arises feel free to contact me, I will try to check here every so often but if you just look SDY up and msg. the diplomat you will get me.

Happy Gaming
    ClaranceSH Diplomat SDY
    Dsi1357

Welcome

Post  Dsi1357 on Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:57 pm

Welcome Clarance

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:53 pm